Amarnath Leaves Stir Fry / Lal Shak Bhaja

Hello everybody ,

Today my post  will be on a quick and easy to make recipe . Frankly speaking cooking was not my forte until I got married. Ever since I got married , I took up to cooking . In my initial days , I used to call up my mom , aunts , granny for recipes ; ( not to mention recipes that are available online ) ; have helped me a great deal. But more or less all recipes were a little tiresome. Most recipes on net resemble a WAR like situation. (so complicated ). Its good for those who have the passion for cooking. I hate spending too much time in my kitchen. As I am a laid back person and very lazy by nature , I came up with an amalgamation of a few ingredients/spices and ended up cooking the same recipes taking not more than 30 mins. Most of my recipes that I will be posting from now on will not take much of your time and hopefully my recipes will be of great help to all the working women & men , and even the hostelites. Happy cooking guys !!!!

Its winter and all you get to see in the local market are leafy vegetables. So I grabbed a few bunches of amarnath leaves / lal shaak as we bengalis call it. and decided to prepare Amarnath Leaves / Lal Shaak Stir Fry for dinner. So here is the recipe .

Preparation Time : 5mins
Cooking Time : 20mins
Servings : 2

For Tampering :  
  • oil ( 2 tablespoon )
  • whole cumin seeds (1/2 teaspoon)
  • dry red chilli  ( 2 )
  • crushed garlic ( 5 to 6 cloves )
  • salt to taste

Step 1 : chop and wash the leaves ( 1 bunch ) thoroughly in running water. ( repeat the process a few times )
Step 2 : get your ingredients ready for tampering.
Step 3 : crush the garlic ( as shown in the pic )



Step 4 : heat oil in a wok.
Step 5 : add red chilli , whole cumin seeds & crushed garlic. ( give a quick stir )

Step 6 : immediately add the leaves and salt ( as shown in the pic )


Step 7 : now cover and keep cooking till the water coming out from the leaves get dried up.


Step 8 : open the lid and give a stir in between checking the consistency.


Step 9 : in this step you can add 1 teaspoon red chilli powder and give a stir ( if you like your dish to be hot )
Step 10 : let it cook until the water gets completely dried up.


Step 11 : your amarnath leaves / lal shaak is ready to be served. serve it with steamed rice or roti .


Step 12 : just drizzle a few drops of mustard oil over it before serving. ( i like it that way ).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manali Trance : A Gateway to Heaven

golondo steamed chicken curry

Catla (Bengal Carp) Curry Recipe/ Katla Maacher Jhol .